Statement Necklaces

Wednesday, 19 March 2014


I rarely get time to develop an idea as I'm usually onto the next thing. Last week's Pinned It, Made It class was a chance to have a play around with a favourite DIY Statement Necklace of mine. I wear the original about 3 times a week, it goes with everything and makes me feel happy.

These are some of the samples I made for the class, you can see the bracelet versions here. I love how changing the colours and playing with size gives each necklace such a different look. You could go one forever with these as there really so many possibilities its hard to know where to stop. 

For the large one (which I really love) I started with 5 rows and 4 columns (can you tell I've been on excel today?!), then three rows and three columns and then two and two. I joined each section with double jump-rings and added some ribbon to fasten - I can't wait to give this one a whirl.

For the smaller ones I used a mix of glass and plastic beads with faceted droplets to add a bit of movement. I added some fluro chain to bring out the peachy colours and grey cord (not pictured but I did a macrame fastening) to stop the greeny one being to girly.

Next I want to make one with a different mix of materials, I have some rather nice jewels I'd like to pair beads with and I'd quite like to do something with statement cord. 

I'm definitely going to run this class again, so if you're interested keep an eye out for more details or drop me an email (lottsandlots@gmail.com) and I'll add you to my list. Until next time, happy making! x 

2 comments:

  1. I love these necklaces! Especially the colours you've chosen - your statement necklace is definitely on my 'to make' list, though I find the idea of jewellery making slightly intimidating! :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Chloe don't be intimidated - I promise its really easy! Give these a go they are a great place to start.

    ReplyDelete

Lotts and Lots | Making the everyday beautiful All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover